Most important events in history of PAVUS, a.s.
- PAVUS, a.s. is changing its logo and launching a completely new web presentation of the company.
- Further investment projects have been implemented in Veselí nad Lužnicí plant – reconstruction of the gatehouse, renovation of doors and windows and of the administrative building roof, marking of plant parking places, etc.
- Among others, the winding mechanism of the waste gas treatment facility has been restored.
- In order to further improve the quality of services and to increase the efficiency of company activities, 4 new monobloc burners have been purchased for the wall furnace in PO1 hall, each with a power of up to 650 kW. Furthermore, a high-capacity industrial vacuum cleaner has been purchased for more efficient furnace cleaning after the tests.
- A comprehensive renovation of the wall furnace in PO2 hall has been performed, including the implementation of a new fire-resistant walling.
- In the newly built hall, separate and lockable rooms have been constructed in order to ensure privacy during the preparation of specimens by individual customers.
- A brand new digital datalogger for recording the test data have been acquired.
- For the preparation and conditioning of large-size specimens for fire resistance tests, a new hall was built and put into operation, extending thus the original PO1 hall. The hall is tempered and equipped with a new crane track and two bridge cranes with a capacity of 16 and 8 tonnes. The cranes can move specimens from this preparation room to the test furnaces located in the original PO1 hall.
- At the same time, a multifunctional test chamber for large-size specimens for fire resistance tests has been put into operation. The test chamber is equipped with exhaust gas extraction connected to a waste gas treatment facility. In this chamber, it is possible to perform fire resistance tests of façades, performance tests of fixed firefighting systems and other fire tests.
- Based on the request of some Czech manufacturers and in cooperation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, PAVUS, a.s. managed, after about two years of effort, to get on the list of recognized institutions of the certification authority in Kuwait. This authority is the Kuwait Fire Service Directorate – KFSD.
- PAVUS, a.s. has designed, implemented and put into operation a unique test device for testing the resistance of chimneys against the effects of steam and condensate. The test procedure conforms to ČSN EN 13216-1. The range and complexity of test methods for manufacturers of chimneys and chimney systems has thus been extended.
- A small experimental test furnace has also been put into operation for all those interested in indicative, development and verification tests of the fire resistance of their products, construction parts or materials. The furnace has full-value technical parameters according to EN 1363-1, except for the specimen size. It can be used to test specimens in a vertical and/or horizontal position with a size of approx. 1,000 mm × 1,000 mm or 1,000mm x 500mm.
- The company's headquarter in Prague has undergone a complete reconstruction of the building and the company has moved to new premises on the 4th floor.
- At the end of the year, 4 residential cells were purchased, which are intended to improve the background of our customers.
- The new Decision of Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing, which replaced the earlier Decision, extended the scope of our authorization. PAVUS, a.s. responded in this way to the amendment to Government Regulation No. 163/2002 Coll. in order to be able to continue to provide manufacturers, distributors and/or importers with services in the field of conformity assessment of previously and newly defined products. The newly defined products include in particular:
- Item No. 10/16 Fire protection of cable systems
- Item No. 10/17 Circuit integrity maintenance of cable systems in fire conditions
- Item No. 10/14 Wall-mounted switchboards and built-in switchboards being subject to fire resistance or smoke leakage requirements
- In the Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s., a complete reconstruction has been performed, including a new thermal insulating sheathing of PO3 hall. The hall is intended for testing of air conditioning systems, roofs and chimneys.
- The repair works for the roads throughout the plant have been completed.
- A new test device has been purchased for testing the reaction to fire for floorings according to ČSN EN ISO 9239-1.
- In the premises of Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s., a "client" orchard has been established.
- PAVUS, a.s. designed, manufactured and delivered to Brno University of Technology, to the AdMaS centre, a complex test device for testing the behaviour of materials and parts at high temperature.
- In the premises of Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s., the gas distribution system has been converted from a low-pressure system to a medium-pressure one.
- A brand new horizontal test furnace HP2 has been put into operation.
- A new high-capacity datalogger has been acquired and the repair works for the roads throughout the plant have started.
- PAVUS, a.s. has designed, manufactured and delivered test equipment for tests according to ČSN EN 13823 (SBI), including exhaust gas extraction and cleaning to Technical University of Ostrava.
- The Certification Body PAVUS, a.s. has newly started to comply with the criteria standard ČSN EN ISO/IEC 17065 for bodies certifying products, processes and services.
- In the Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s., the wall furnace PO1 has been extended with a loading frame for loading the specimens up to 200 tonnes. One of the major investments of this year was the purchase of a new forklift truck with a load capacity of 5 t and of a 5.5 m lift.
- PAVUS, a.s., previously notified for activities under the CPD, smoothly converted to the AUTHORIZATION for activities in assessing and verifying the performance maintenance of construction products in relation to their basic characteristics in the sense of the new Regulation (EU) No. 305/2011 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011 laying down harmonised conditions for marketing of construction products and repealing Council Directive 89/106/EEC (CPD).
- Furthermore, a new measuring line for fire tests of air-conditioning systems has been designed and purchased.
- An assessment of thermal insulation of the objects in the premises of PAVUS, a.s. Veselí n. Lužnicí has been performed. This assessment served as the basis for further modifications, reconstructions and modernizations.
- A high-lift platform has been purchased for easier and safer assembly and disassembly of large-size specimens.
- In September, a unique fire resistance test for a large-size specimen was carried out in the premises of Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s. in Veselí nad Lužnicí, as a part of a European project. Two floors of a modern administrative building of 10.4 x 13.4 m in size and of 9 m in height were tested. The goal of the project was to verify the passive fire resistance of an advanced design solution of the steel-concrete supporting construction and its sheathing.
- In Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s. Veselí nad Lužnicí, a complete reconstruction of the wall furnace in PO1 hall has been performed, the aim of which was not only to modify the heating and regulation system, but also to extend the possibility of testing large specimens. The furnace can be supplemented with removable modules so that, in addition to the original specimen size of 3 m x 3 m, it is possible to test specimens of 5 m in width and of up to 6 m in height, with a variable height from 3 to 6 m in 1 m increments.
- PAVUS, a.s. issues the 1st edition of the publication "Fire resistance values of building constructions according to Eurocodes", which is highly demanded by the designers of fire safety solutions and by state administration authorities.
- The Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing has granted PAVUS, a.s. with a License to use the designation CTN and Centre for Technical Standardization, on the basis of a concluded framework agreement.
- At the end of the year, a complex waste gas treatment facility has been launched for the Fire Testing Laboratory PAVUS, a.s. Veselí nad Lužnicí. The facility reduces the amount of volatile organic substances emitted into the air and thereby meets the demanding legislative and technical requirements for air protection.
- The Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing has granted PAVUS, a.s. with the Decision No. 16/2008 on authorization according to Government Regulation No. 190/2002 Coll., which establishes technical requirements for construction products and CE-marked products.
- A long-term cooperation with universities has started to solve research and experimental project issues related to fire safety of buildings.
- The test equipment for testing the roofing exposed to external fire has been completely reconstructed.
- approval of the unified exhaust gas extraction system (stage I), start of measurements for the preparation of stage II – construction of a waste gas treatment facility
- establishment of close cooperation with ČKAIT in terms of publication of PAVUS newsletter "Zpr@vodaj PAVUS" (the number of registered subscribers exceeded 260), integration of external collaborators in the editorial board
- extension of the provision of information on classifications according to ČSN EN 13501 (official internet database of classifications) to include information according to the "Decision of the Commission" (which determines the reaction to fire classes of certain construction products and the classification into reaction-to-fire classes and behaviour classes for roofing and panels, without testing)
- unified exhaust gas extraction system for test furnaces has been put into operation – start of test operation of stage I – discharge of waste gases
- introduction of accredited tests for cable systems – determination of the functionality class of cables and cable supporting constructions, flame spread tests, determination of the degree of acidity of gases during cable burning, smoke density measurement, cable integrity tests
- start of the provision of information on the technical standardization and legislation – PAVUS newsletter "Zpr@vodaj PAVUS" (continues the tradition of the previously published "Actual Bulletin")
- introduction of an accredited test method according to ZP 27/2006 (DIN 4102-12) for determining the functionality of cables and of loadbearing cable constructions in the event of fire
- further extension of the authorization according to the Government Regulation No. 190/2002 Coll., as amended, establishing technical requirements for CE-marked construction products
- extension of the authorization scope according to the Government Regulation No. 190/2002 Coll., as amended, establishing technical requirements for CE-marked construction products
- opening a database for the classification of construction products according to their fire resistance and reaction to fire including its continuous actualisation
- consolidation of Testing Laboratory ATL 1026.1 and Technical Fire Testing Laboratory ATL 1026.2 into one accredited entity with the new name "Fire Testing Laboratory", ATL 1026
- authorization according to the Government Regulation No. 190/2002 Coll., as amended, establishing technical requirements for CE-marked construction products (Notified Body No. 1391)
- extension of accreditation for the certification body for product certification, authorization according to the Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll., as amended, establishing selected products for conformity assessment
- change of registered office of the joint-stock company from Hostivař to Prosek
- relocation of the Technical Fire Testing Laboratory from Prague to Veselí nad Lužnicí
- start of performance of all "reaction-to-fire" tests in Veselí nad Lužnicí
- request for authorization according to the Government Regulation 173/1997 Coll. as amended and the Government Regulation 190/2002 Coll.
- extension of the accreditation of Fire Testing Laboratory in Veselí nad Lužnicí to include testing of fire safety equipment, fire ducts and fittings, fire extinguishers and their extinguishing performances
- accreditation for the Inspection Body No. 4023
- change of majority owner, the majority owner becomes Technický a zkušební ústav stavební, s.p., Prosecká 811/76a, 190 00 Praha 9
- change of the business name of the company from "Požárně atestační a výzkumný ústav stavební Praha, a.s." to "PAVUS, a.s."
- change of the form of owner common stocks issued by company from book-entry to deed
- extension of the authorization by activities in the conformity assessment of flammable liquids (according to the Government Regulation No. 173/1997 Coll.)
- incorporation of the Technical Fire Testing Laboratory as an accredited testing laboratory No. 1026.2 into the company
- authorization for activities in the conformity assessment of selected products according to the Government Regulation No. 178/1997 Coll.
- accreditation of certification body for product certification No. 3041
- accreditation of certification body for quality systems certification No. 3042
- privatisation of the company "Požárně atestační a výzkumný ústav stavební Praha, s.p." by transfer to the legal form of a joint-stock company (establishment of the joint-stock company "Požárně atestační a výzkumný ústav stavební Praha, a.s.")
- establishment of the state-owned enterprise "Požárně atestační a výzkumný ústav stavební Praha, s.p." by delimitation of scientific-research, standard-setting and attestation activities from VÚPS Praha s.p.