Download: Certificate of accreditation incl. Annex
FIRE TESTING LABORATORY (1026)
The Fire Testing Laboratory in Veselí nad Lužnicí, South Bohemia, is Accredited Testing Laboratory 1026. Its Accreditation Certificate was issued by the Czech Accreditation Institute on the basis of an assessment of conformity with the accreditation criteria set forth in ČSN EN ISO/IEC 17025.
2004 saw the merger of the company’s two accredited laboratories – the original Testing Laboratory in Veselí nad Lužnicí (1026.1) and the Fire Technical Laboratory (1026.2), which relocated from Prague to the Pavus site in Veselí nad Lužnicí.
The resulting new accredited Fire Testing Laboratory (1026) performs tests in the following areas:
- Reaction to fire testing of building products, including floor coverings – SBI test, non-combustibility test, single flame source test, determination of heat of combustion, determination of burning behaviour using a radiant heat source
- Testing of fire resistance of building elements – walls, ceilings, curtain walls, floors and roofs, beams, columns; service installations – ducts, fire dampers, penetration seals, linear joint seals, penetration sealing systems, suspended ceilings; concrete members, steel members, timber members; door and shutter assemblies; smoke control doors and shutters; lift-shaft doors
- Testing of fire technical and mechanical properties of construction products and elements – determination of fire propagation along roof membranes, fire resistance of secure storage units, resistance of doors, windows, blinds and shutters to vertical load, static torsion, soft and heavy impact, hard body impact and slamming shut and slamming open, evaluation of drainage of materials from the soffits of ceilings and roofs, testing of chimneys and flue liners
- Testing of fire safety systems – smoke and heat control systems, natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilators: reliability test, opening under load test, low ambient temperature test, wind loading test, heat exposure test; powered smoke and heat exhaust ventilators: Test method for performance of powered ventilators at high temperature, operation under load test
- Testing of firefighting equipment, including fire extinguishing media:
- Pressure tests (strength) and leakage tests of components of fixed firefighting systems and fire branchpipes, hoses and fittings;
- Measurement of flow rates, nozzle characteristics and hydraulic characteristics of components of fixed firefighting systems and fire branchpipes and fittings;
- Tests of the effect of heat and cold on the operation of components of fixed firefighting systems;
- Determination of dimensions and mass of fire safety equipment and firefighting equipment;
- Measurement of operating torque and force of fire branchpipes and fittings;
- Testing of corrosion resistance of fire hose systems;
- Tests of mechanical resistance of fire hose systems, smoke and heat exhaust ventilators, chimneys and flue liners;
- Determination of qualitative performance of fire foams;
- Determination of extinguishing ability of fire extinguishers, extinguishing systems, extinguishing agents and fire blankets;
- Determination of physical chemical properties of extinguishing powders;
- Operating tests of fire detection/alarm systems.
- Testing of fire technical properties of substances, materials and products – liquids, plastics, textiles, materials for construction of aircraft, boats, rolling stock and road vehicles, cables, upholstered furniture, personal protective equipment, hazardous materials, agents and waste and many other products according to international EN and ISO, Czech and foreign testing standards and regulations. The following tests in particular are performed on construction products:
- Flammability of building materials (according to the now revoked ČSN 73 0862, which has been replaced by ZP 28/2004); § Index of flame propagation along the surface of building materials (ČSN 73 0863);
- Calorific value of materials (ČSN ISO 1928 and ČSN EN ISO 1716 for determination of Euroclasses A1, A1fl, A2, A2fl);
- Vertical spread of flame along the surfaces of building materials and elements (ISO 5658-4);
- Non-combustibility of building products (ČSN 73 0861, ČSN EN ISO 1182 for determination of Euroclasses A1, A1fl, A2, A2fl);
- Ignitability of building products (ČSN EN ISO 11925-2 for determination of Euroclasses B, Bfl, C, C1fl, D, Dfl, E, Efl);
- Spread of flame on floor-covering systems using a radiant heat source (DIN 4102-14 and ČSN EN ISO 9239-1 for determination of Euroclasses A2fl, Bfl, Cfl, Dfl);
- Ignitability of carpets – methenamine tablet test according to ISO 6925 and ČSN 80 4413, and hot metal nut test according to BS 4790 a ČSN 80 4414;
- Ignitability of textile fabrics and plastic sheets (ČSN EN ISO 6940 and ČSN EN 1101);
- Ignitability of upholstered furniture (ČSN EN 1026-1 and ČSN EN 1026-2);
- Ignitability of materials according to ČSN 64 0149;
- Flash points and fire points, ignition temperature, determination of ignition risk classes and categories according to ČSN 65 0201, ČSN 33 0371, IEC 79-4, ČSN EN 57, ČSN EN 22719, ČSN 65 6212, ČSN 65 6065 and ISO 3679.